Sleep Electrophysiology, Dementia, Digital Health, Sleep Technology Evaluation (Wearables and Contactless Sleep Technologies), Signal Processing and Subspace Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Brain-Computer Interfaces (SSVEP).
Selected Publications (The complete list of publications can be found here.)
Kiran K G Ravindran, C. della Monica, G. Atzori, D. Lambert, H. Hassanin, V. Revell, and D.-J. Dijk, “Three Contactless Sleep Trackers Compared with Polysomnography and Actigraphy in a Heterogenous Group of Older Men and Women in a Model of Mild Sleep Disturbance”, Manuscript under review in JMIR. Preprint DOI: https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-2251437/v1.
P. de Oliveira, C. Cella, N. Locker, K. K. G. Ravindran, A. Mendis, K. Wafford, G. Gilmour, D.-J. Dijk, and R. Winsky-Sommerer, “Improved Sleep, Memory, and Cellular Pathological Features of Tauopathy, Including the NLRP3 Inflammasome, after Chronic Administration of Trazodone in rTg4510 Mice” , The Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 42, no. 16, pp. 3494–3509, Mar. 2022. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2162-21.2022.
G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy, “Constructing an exactly periodic subspace for enhancing SSVEP based BCI”, Advanced Engineering informatics, April, 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aei.2020.101046.
G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy, "Designing a Sum of Squared Correlation framework for enhancing SSVEP based BCIs", Transactions on Neural Systems & Rehabilitation Engineering, Oct. 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSRE.2019.2941349.
G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy, “Latent common source extraction via generalized canonical correlation framework for frequency recognition in SSVEP based brain-computer interfaces", Journal of Neural Engineering, May 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1741-2552/ab13d1.
G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy, “Periodic component analysis as a spatial Filter for SSVEP based brain-computer interface", Journal of Neuroscience Methods, June 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneumeth.2018.06.003.
Conferences (indexed and first authored): (*Oral Presentation)
* K. K. G. Ravindran, C. della Monica, G. Atzori, D. Lambert, V. Revell, and D.-J. Dijk, “Evaluating the Empatica E4 Derived Heart Rate and Heart Rate Variability Measures in Older Men and Women,” 44th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBC), Jul. 2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/embc48229.2022.9871559.
* Kiran KG Ravindran, C. della Monica, G. Atzori, D. Lambert, V. Revell, and D.-J. Dijk, “Validity of a contactless device for long term monitoring of sleep in a heterogenous group of older men and women”, at Alzheimer's Association International Conference, July 2022. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/alz.065448.
Ravindran, K.K.G., Monica, C.d., Atzori, G., Enshaeifar, S., Mahvash-Mohammadi, S., Dijk, D.-J. and Revell, V., Validation of technology to monitor sleep and bed occupancy in older men and women. Alzheimer's Dement., 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/alz.056018.
* G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy, “Multiview MAX-VAR canonical correlation approach for enhancing SSVEP based BCIs", in IEEE-EMBS International Conference on Biomedical & Health Informatics (BHI), 2019, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/BHI.2019.8834650.
G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy, “Filter bank extensions for subject non-specific SSVEP based BCIs", in 9th IEEE EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering, 2019, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/NER.2019.8716945.
G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy, “An Orthonormalized Partial Least Squares Based Spatial Filter for SSVEP Extraction", in Intelligent Human Computer Interaction 2018, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-04021-5_2.
* G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy, “Exactly Periodic Spatial Filter for SSVEP Based BCIs", 2018 International Conference on Cyberworlds (CW), 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CW.2018.00050.
* G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy , “Discriminative Periodic Component Analysis for SSVEP Based BCI", in 2018 International Conference on Signal Processing and Communications, 2018, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/SPCOM.2018.8724386.
* G R Kiran Kumar and M Ramasubba Reddy, “Exploiting the temporal structure of EEG data for SSVEP detection", in 6th International Conference on Brain-Computer Interface (BCI), 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/IWW-BCI.2018.8311496.
Skills and expertise
Programming: Matlab, R, Python, Arduino IDE, Processing 2.0/3.0 and Keil MDK.
Hardware: PCB Design (Eagle CAD), Raspberry pie and Arduino prototyping (ADS1299 Front end).
Expertise: Biomedical signal acquisition and data analysis (EEG, ECG, etc), EEG Spatial filter design, Statistical learning, Matlab App development.